Take a look at the most important questions to ask before hiring professional sewer contractors. Keep reading below!
What Are Sewer Tunnels?
Sewer tunnels are commonly referred to as sewer mains, sewer lines, or sewer pipes. These are the primary conduits that carry wastewater from homes and businesses to treatment facilities or other discharge points.
8 Important Things To Ask Sewer Excavation Contractors
1. Are You Licensed And Insured?
Licensed sewer excavation contractors have met certain requirements and standards set by the relevant governing body or agency. This means that they have the necessary knowledge, training, and experience to perform sewer excavation and repairs correctly and according to safety codes.
2. How Long Have You Been In The Sewer Excavation Business?
Asking about their years of experience in the sewer excavation business gets you a better understanding of the service provider’s level of experience and the quality of work they are likely to provide.
3. What Types Of Equipment Do You Use For Sewer Excavation And Fixing A Broken Sewer Line?
Asking about the equipment that the service provider uses gives you a better understanding of the provider’s capabilities and whether they have the right tools for the job or not.
4. How Do You Ensure The Safety Of Your Workers And The Surrounding Area Of The Excavation Site?
There are many potential safety hazards associated with sewer excavation and repair, including the risk of injury from heavy equipment, exposure to hazardous materials, and the risk of collapsing trenches or excavations. A responsible and professional service provider will have safety policies and procedures in place to minimize these risks.
5. Can You Provide References From Past Customers?
Asking for references gives you an idea of the contractor’s work quality and the level of customer satisfaction that they have provided in the past.
6. What Is Your Process For Determining The Cause Of A Sewer Line Issue And The Best Method For Damaged Sewer Line Repair?
The service provider should have a process in place to accurately diagnose any problem and recommend the best course of action for sewer line repairs. You, as the client, need to understand these processes first before agreeing to start the project.
7. What Is Your Pricing Structure For Sewer Excavation Services?
The service provider should provide a clear and transparent pricing structure, with a detailed breakdown of the costs and fees associated with the excavation work.
8. Do You Offer Any Warranties Or Guarantees On Your Work?
A warranty or guarantee ensures that if any issues arise after the sewer excavation project, the company will be responsible for fixing the problem at no extra cost.
How Do You Excavate A Sewer Line?
- Locate the sewer system using a sewer camera or other specialized equipment
- Plan the excavation by determining the depth and size of the excavation area
- Prepare the site by removing vegetation or relocating utilities
- Dig the trenches using excavation equipment
- Inspect and repair the sewer line
- Backfill the trench
Commercial Sewer Excavation Cost
How Deep Should Sewer Lines Be Buried?
The depth at which sewer lines should be buried can vary depending on several factors, including the local building code requirements, the type of soil and terrain, and the depth of other underground utilities in the area.
How Do You Fix A Broken Sewer Pipe Without Digging It?
Trenchless excavation can be used to fix a broken sewer pipe without digging it up. This is a method that involves creating small access points or entry holes at the beginning and end of the damaged section of the pipe, rather than digging up the entire pipe. Once the access points are created, a specialized tool or device is inserted into the pipe and used to repair the damaged section.