In this article, we’ll discuss the average price for these services, as well as what factors affect the cost of trenching and backfilling.
The Average Cost Of Trenching And Backfilling In Arizona
Average Cost Of Trench Digging Per Foot
The average cost to dig a trench per linear foot begins at $4, assuming that the earth is soft and that there are no obstructions above or below its surface. However, the cost may go up to $12 or more depending on the contractor you choose and the cost to rent trenching equipment.
Cost To Backfill A Trench
On average, backfilling can cost anywhere from $3 to 12 per linear foot.
Cost To Trench 200 Feet
You can expect to pay $300 minimum for a 200-foot trench.
How Long Does It Take To Trench 100 Feet With A Trencher?
It takes a professional roughly 12 hours to dig.
Cost Of Permits
Before you can undertake any construction project on your property, it is important to obtain a permit. You can contact your local council to find out more about the associated fees.
Factors That Affect The Trenching Cost
Elements That Could Increase The Price You Pay Per Linear Foot
- The soil conditions are unfavorable
- Obstructions such as rocks, roots, or concrete are present
- Trenching shovels won’t do the trick, and you’ll require more sophisticated machinery to complete the job
- The ground is cold or wet
- There are utilities, such as an HVAC system or gas line, that go past the trench
- Homeowners pay more when shoring is required, or traffic controls have to be set up
- The time it will take to complete (this will determine the labor costs you will pay)
What Could Lower The Project Price?
Digging a trench in the following conditions could save money:
- Soft soil conditions
- There are no obstructions, such as rocks, or gas pipes
- The earth isn’t cold or wet
- You only require a one- to two-foot-deep trench
- There are no traffic controls or shoring required
Get A Quote From Trusted Contractors
With over 30 years of industry experience, you can count on Aspire Construction Group to take care of your next project. Contact us today for more information!